The candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution; Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for the qualifying degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of qualifying the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination.
The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but should not be older than 37 years.
A candidate should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 28 years for the post of Deputy Superintendent Police in the Punjab Police Service.
1. The upper age limit for a Punjab Government/Other State Government/ Central Government employee will be relaxed up to 47 years.
2. The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxed up to a maximum of five years for Schedules Castes and Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab, except in the case of the posts of DSP.
3. The upper age limit for widows, divorcees and certain other categories as per instructions issued by the Government of Punjab vied Letter No. 1/50/83-5PP(1368)/3454 dated 23-04-1984 of women of Punjab will be relaxed up to 42 years, except in the case of the posts of DSP.
4. Age relaxation in upper age limit, upto 10 years is available to the disabled persons of Punjab, except in the case of the posts of DSP.
5. An Ex-serviceman of Punjab domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of the Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
Physical standards for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police
Minimum Height - 5 feet 7 inches ( For Men ) , 5 feet 3 inches ( For Women )
Chest Measurement - Applicable for men only
Un Expanded - 33 inches
Expanded - 34.5 inches
Number of Attempts
1. Unless covered by any of the exceptions, which may from time to time be notified by the Government in this behalf, every candidate appearing for the examination after the commencement of Punjab State Civil Services (Appointment by Combined Competitive Examination) Rules, 2009, shall be permitted to avail up to four attempts at the examination.
2. For the purpose of this rule, the appearance of a candidate in the Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the examination.
3. Ex-servicemen category candidates are permitted only three attempts at the Examination.
Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination will be held in two parts i.e Preliminary Competitive Examination and Main Examination.
Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Competitive Examination will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I General Studies and Paper –II Civil Services Aptitude Test. The Preliminary Competitive Examination is designed to sift suitable candidates for the Main Competitive Examination. Marks obtained in the Preliminary Competitive Examination by the candidates, who may be declared qualified for taking the Main Competitive Examination, shall not be counted for determining their final order of merit. Candidates equal to thirteen times the total number vacancies may qualify for the Main Competitive Examination.
Mains Examination: The main examination will consist of a written examination and a viva voice (interview) test. The written examination will consist of nine papers of conventional essay type in various subjects. Candidates equal to 13 times the number of vacancies may be declared eligible to take Main Competitive Examination.